Thursday, June 13, 2013

cauliflower in a cup

So I whipped up a little something special for dinner last night: cauliflower "risotto." This is a super easy-to-make dish that pairs well with nearly anything. Not only is it the perfect texture, but it tastes creamy. 

Basically what you need:

  • 1 head of cauliflower
  • 2 cups of vegetable/chicken broth (low sodium works just fine)
  • 1/2 sweet onion
  • 1-2 tsp of garlic paste
Rice the cauliflower in a food processor as you sauté the garlic and onion together. Mix in the cauliflower and add the broth in small intervals to ensure all of the flavor is absorbed in the process. Serve as desired. 

For mine, I added some eggs/veggie burger, squash, zucchini, broccoli, carrots and a TON of nutritional yeast. It was, well yeah, wow. 
For my mom's I filled a red bell pepper with the risotto and covered it in cottage cheese. I put the pepper-cup in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes and then browned the cheese with a few minutes in the broiler. 

This recipe was an adaptation of Foodie Fiasco's original recipe. I was out of mushrooms this time so I left them out - I've made it before with them and they are definitely a great addition. 

1 comment: